Cleek has moved to http://cleek.lunarpages.com/blogs/.
Update your treasure maps accordingly.

Thursday, August 19, 2004

Back off

Here's one of the ways in which the editor in Microsoft's Visual Studio 2003 is too clever: if you copy and paste some HTML, it will look at what you're pasting and automatically change it to clean up any possible HTML errors, with no warning that it is doing this. While I appreciate that it's trying to help me out, the overall effect is this: I can no longer assume that what I just copied will be what I paste. Now, I have to assume that the editor has gone and done something to what I just pasted, though I don't know what that something could be, because I can't find any setting anywhere that looks anything like "Auto-correct HTML". So now I have to double-check everything I paste, to make sure the editor hasn't done something crazy.

All images Copyright 2004-2005, cleek.