Cleek has moved to http://cleek.lunarpages.com/blogs/.
Update your treasure maps accordingly.

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Bite It

Let me just say that I really like the Hardee's ThickBurgers ad campaign. Since the country has gone crazy with low-carb this and Atkins that and soy protein whatever, it's fun to see a commercial that comes right out and says "it isn't about your fucking arteries". These ads are all about manly self-indulgence: loud cars, dirty trucks, shaving when I damn well please, and I'm gonna eat this 1400 calorie monster and get a whole week's worth of fat in 5 minutes and you can suck it, Mr Atkins.

Not that I actually eat the things, of course. I just like the idea that some people are sticking up for gulttony and holding back the day when all we'll be allowed to eat is grilled chicken and steamed vegetables.

All images Copyright 2004-2005, cleek.