Cleek has moved to http://cleek.lunarpages.com/blogs/.
Update your treasure maps accordingly.

Sunday, January 02, 2005

The Graphing Calculator Story

Programmers and engineers should go read the amazing story of The Graphing Calculator:

    In October, when we thought we were almost finished, engineers who had been helping us had me demonstrate our software to their managers. A dozen people packed into my office. I didn't expect their support, but I felt obliged to make a good-faith effort to go through their official channels. I gave a twenty-minute demonstration, eliciting 'oohs' and 'ahhs.' Afterward, they asked, 'Who do you report to? What group are you in? Why haven't we seen this earlier?' I explained that I had been sneaking into the building and that the project didn't exist. They laughed, until they realized I was serious. Then they told me, 'Don't repeat this story.'

All images Copyright 2004-2005, cleek.