Cleek has moved to http://cleek.lunarpages.com/blogs/.
Update your treasure maps accordingly.

Friday, March 04, 2005

On The Issue of Race

So, tomorrow's my big 5K race. Forecast: low 40s and clear. I managed to go 6 weeks without catching any of the various colds all my coworkers brought in to share. Instead, I've alternated days where I feel like I'm coming down with something with days where I feel like I'm getting over something - all the while maintaining a persistent cough.

But, by 9:30am tomorrow, I'll be done. And if all goes well, I'll hit the time I want, and I'll have accomplished something I haven't done since I was 16: finished a 5K race. If not, I'll live with the crippling shame... Either way, the Cary Rotary Club gets my $18, and I get a t-shirt.

All images Copyright 2004-2005, cleek.