Cleek has moved to http://cleek.lunarpages.com/blogs/.
Update your treasure maps accordingly.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Shared Nozzle

Bored at work, I decided to take a walk. There's a bunch of fast food places a few hundred yards up the road, so I thought I'd make a meal out of it. When I stepped out into the sunlight and humidity from the cool shade of the office building, I had only two things on my mind: a hamburger and a milk shake*. A couple of minutes later, I was sweating like a madman, standing between a McDonald's and an Arby's. I chose Arby's.

Ordered my Regular and a small strawberry shake and headed back. After the first two drags at the straw, I concluded two things: barring employee error, Arby's shake machines must use a single nozzle for all flavors because the strawberry shake tasted like mocha (aka "Jamocha") as much as it tasted like strawberry; and secondly, a jamocha/strawberry blend is fucking 'orrible. To top it off, when I got back to my cool shady office building, glistening with sweat like a skinny parody of a bodybuilder, my Regular was dry, rubbery and flavorless. That $4.69 was not well-spent.

All images Copyright 2004-2005, cleek.