Cleek has moved to http://cleek.lunarpages.com/blogs/.
Update your treasure maps accordingly.

Monday, July 18, 2005

Start Your iPods

The scratched-up iPod starts my work week with:

  1. Gillian Welch - One Monkey. The iPod loves this one. I don't.
  2. Big Star - Feel. One of my top 5 Big Star songs.
  3. Grandaddy - So You'll Aim Towards The Sky
  4. Radiohead - The Bends
  5. Yo La Tengo - Somebody's Baby. This is a cover of the Jackson Browne song. YLT turns it into a credible rocker.
  6. Horace Silver - Song For My Father. Steely Dan obviously re-used the piano part from this on Rikki Don't Lose That Number.
  7. Stereolab - Wow And Flutter. I like this one, but since I can never remember any Stereolab song titles, I can never tell anyone unless the song is on. Not that anyone cares either way...
  8. David Bowie - Soul Love
  9. Sonic Youth - Kissability. A great one from their greatest album.
  10. Miles Davis - Miles Runs The Voodoo Down. That voodoo must be hard to catch, cause it takes them fourteen minutes to get through this.

All images Copyright 2004-2005, cleek.