Cleek has moved to http://cleek.lunarpages.com/blogs/.
Update your treasure maps accordingly.

Friday, July 16, 2004

Listnin

Franz Ferdinand - After many months of disappointments, I finally found a record worth playing more than once. All hail Franz Ferdinand. They belong to the Television, Pixies and Sleater-Kinney school of angular, jerky, tense and super-catchy school of rock. And that's a great way to start. And, bonus, they're from Scotland - the mere mention of which makes me want to drink Scotch and eat shortbread cookies (two of my favorite things).

Beastie Boys - To the 5 Boroughs. I like it better than their last one, though it's not in the same league as their wonderful Ill Communication. Ah well. Gotta support 'em anyway, for they speak the truth.

Death Cab For Cutie - Transatlanticism. Like this better than The Postal Service record (singer Ben Gibbard's other current project), though the songs are similar. While The Postal Service is heavy on the 80's bleepy synth sound, this has a more organic real-live-musician feel - as it should - they're real, live musicians in there!

New ones from Modest Mouse, Tortoise, Blonde Redhead - all long-time favorite bands, but I simply can't get into any of their new stuff. It doesn't sound that much different from their old stuff, but it just doesn't grab me any more.

Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited. Can't believe I waited this long to buy it. Amazing record.

Got all these from the wickedly simple iTunes.

I'd do better if i had more time.

All images Copyright 2004-2005, cleek.