Start your iPods
- Death Cab For Cutie - Lightness. A nice slow song to start off my crappy hazy Monday AM.
- Wilco - Radio Cure. "Cheer up. Honey, I hope you can. There is ... something ... wrong with me." A melancholy little tune.
- Gillian Welch - One Monkey. I think this is the only Gillian song I don't like. But, the mood is right.
- Robyn Hitchcock & The Egyptians - Lady Waters & The Hooded One.
- Swirlies - Cousteau. Sounds like it was recorded on a 4-track in someone's living room - probably was. I really liked this no-fi happy-accident aesthetic 10 years ago, when I was doing similar things. I'm not really excited by bands who try to do it these days, though.
- The White Stripes - Little Bird. It's loud and sludgy!
- Sonic Youth - Tunic (Song for Karen). Karen Carpenter dies, talks to Janice and Elvis, starts a band in Heaven. Mmm k.
- Pixies - The Navajo Know. Meh.
- Robert Johnson - Malted Milk. "malted milk, malted milk / keep rushing to my head / and I have a funny funny feeling / and I'm talking all out my head." I'm guessing "malted milk" meant something different in the 1930's.
- Yo La Tengo - Flying Lesson. Of course YLT shows up...
All images Copyright 2004-2005, cleek.