Cleek has moved to http://cleek.lunarpages.com/blogs/.
Update your treasure maps accordingly.

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Lucinda


Sony P7


Saw Lucinda Williams last night, outdoors, at the NC Art Museum. Though I couldn't see her from where we were sitting (damn lawn seats), she sounded great. Part of it was the sound system itself - I don't know that I've ever heard a concert sound so good. But mostly it was her : her voice is much more expressive, live, than it is recorded. I always had the impression that she was just kindof an O.K. singer with a lot of attitude and a strong accent. All those little gravelly bits and rough edges in her voice came through loud and clear, but what surprised me was how strong and controlled her actual singing was, underneath the grit and growl.

I got a couple of recordings from my little camera. Maybe I'll post them someday.

All images Copyright 2004-2005, cleek.