Start Your iPods
The iPod starts the work week with:
- Spoon - Lines In The Suit. One of my favorite Spoon songs:
- The human resource clerk
Has two cigarettes then back to work
She eats right but hurts
And she says it could've been good by now
It could have been more than a wage, yeah
How come she feels so washed up
At such a tender age
- John Mayall - Lonely Years
- The Cure - The Dream
- Shellac - My Black Ass. Everything Albini does is pure rage. There's no posturing or self-aggrandizing you get in other genres that like to come across as angry (metal, rap, etc). This stuff is just pure white hot rage.
- Thelonius Monk & Sonny Rollins - I Want to be Happy. Ah ironic juxtaposition.
- fieldfresh - pissin. One of my college bands...
- I like pissin
I like kissin
If I can't be kissin
I wanna be pissin
On the girl that won't kiss me
- The Replacements - Gary's Got a Boner. What an excellent pairing.
- King Crimson - Three of a Perfect Pair
- Beastie Boys - Ch-Check It Out. One of the few I like from their last record.
- Cat Power - Foot. Good one...
- Special bonus: Elliot Smith - Waltz #2 (XO). My favorite Elliot Smith song, and somewhere in the top 10 of my all time favorites.