Cleek has moved to http://cleek.lunarpages.com/blogs/.
Update your treasure maps accordingly.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

All hail the new

Started a new job today. Instead of a huge four-man cubicle (each facing into a corner), I have my own office, with a door! There's a huge floor-to-ceiling window, and OK, it faces into the hallway so the view is 6 feet of blue carpet and then a wall of cubicle sides, but there's a door! Implied privacy!

I left my old job Friday, after lunch. Before lunch, I hopped on LimeWire, downloaded an MP3 of Take This Job and Shove It (yeah an unforgivable cliche, but I couldn't think of anything better), created a scheduled task to launch that MP3 at 1:30 repeating forever. Then I turned off my monitor and went to lunch, never to return. Due to their security policy, the computer would put up a password box and lock everyone out after 10 minutes of no activity, so they'd have to unplug it and take out the battery (it was a laptop) to get it to stop. What can I say... I was feeling twelve. But, I got an email from my former manager this morning; he says everyone got a good laugh out of it. So, mission accomplished.

Time to finish the Employee Workplace Harrasment Training Course!

All images Copyright 2004-2005, cleek.