Cleek has moved to http://cleek.lunarpages.com/blogs/.
Update your treasure maps accordingly.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Old Esquire Cartoons

I found these cartoons, last night, on the back of an old Esquire pinup (shown here as the "Sentimental" cartoon) which I bought at a used book store years ago. There's no date on the page, but I'm guessing they're from the late 40's early 50's.

And then there's this crazy Camel ad from 1936:
    "It's swell the way they make food taste better and set better."

Indeed.

I bought this ad at the same time I bought the pinup, above. And like that one, I hadn't seen the back side until last night. When I took this one out of its little plastic sleeve, I looked on the back and saw that it apparently ran on the inside of the front cover of a magazine called the "Nonsenser". Couldn't find any info about it on the web, though.

All images Copyright 2004-2005, cleek.