Cleek has moved to http://cleek.lunarpages.com/blogs/.
Update your treasure maps accordingly.

Monday, May 16, 2005

Start Your iPods

Monday morning means making my the list of the first 10 from the iPod...


  1. Death Cab For Cutie - I Was a Kaleidescope. Me likee Death Cab.
  2. Robyn Hitchcock - Glass Hotel. This one is probably my all-time favorite R.H. song, from my all-time favorite R.H. album, Eye. Can it get any better ?
  3. Van Morrison - Come Running. On the cover of Moondance, Van looks just like my uncle Billy.
  4. Radiohead - Filter Happier.
  5. 3Ds - Man On The Verge Of A Nervous Breakdown. This band does a nice simulation of mid-80's noise-pop. Reminds me of the Swilrlies or any number of Sub Pop bands.
  6. Cream - Sunshine of Your Love. I can't hear this song without thinking of the sheet music - so many hours spent trying to learn it.
  7. Cassandra Wilson / Jacky Terrasson - If Ever I Would Leave You. Very nice. Ahh...
  8. Smaller Animals - Eastwood. I listen to myself.
  9. British Sea Power - Carrion. Meh.
  10. Flaming Lips - Approaching Pavnois Mons By Balloon (Utopia Planitia). Nice little instrumental. Could be the closing theme to a utopian sci-fi movie.


But, there was no Yo La Tengo. WTF ?

All images Copyright 2004-2005, cleek.